The ladies continued with their cross-stitch and jewelry crafts today. Donna has been giving out gold needles to the ladies who have been doing well with their cross-stitch. Each time she gives one the ladies all clap. It's very special to see how proud they are of their accomplishment.



To keep some of the kids occupied today, Donna gave them a puzzle to work on. After I gave them some guidance they caught on and were able to complete the puzzle in a couple of hours. It was special when they finished they started calling my name for me to come and see their finished puzzle. I told them "muy buena", which means very good. They were excited they had finished! Some of the kids also wanted to play hopscotch, so I let them take the chalk and draw their own squares. They got a big kick out of the blue chalk dust all over their hands.


Philippe's house is coming along, but I don't think the walls will be finished by the time the rest of the team arrives.



The rest of the team will be in Tocoa around noon tomorrow. Praying God will give them safe passage on the last leg of their trip to Tocoa. Looking forward to them getting here.
I'm getting more comfortable driving around town, except for allot of the roads we have to drive on are dirt roads and "very" bumpy! My body is taking a beating with these rough roads!
Here is a few more pictures of the kids.
Signing off for the night....



- Posted from Tocoa, Honduras
To keep some of the kids occupied today, Donna gave them a puzzle to work on. After I gave them some guidance they caught on and were able to complete the puzzle in a couple of hours. It was special when they finished they started calling my name for me to come and see their finished puzzle. I told them "muy buena", which means very good. They were excited they had finished! Some of the kids also wanted to play hopscotch, so I let them take the chalk and draw their own squares. They got a big kick out of the blue chalk dust all over their hands.
Philippe's house is coming along, but I don't think the walls will be finished by the time the rest of the team arrives.
The rest of the team will be in Tocoa around noon tomorrow. Praying God will give them safe passage on the last leg of their trip to Tocoa. Looking forward to them getting here.
I'm getting more comfortable driving around town, except for allot of the roads we have to drive on are dirt roads and "very" bumpy! My body is taking a beating with these rough roads!
Here is a few more pictures of the kids.
Signing off for the night....
- Posted from Tocoa, Honduras
Why am I not surprised to see Mom teaching cross-stitch? Looks like she's having fun with a studious class.
ReplyDelete-Chris
Each lady was so proud of receiving a gold needle for completing her project. Every time there was an enthusiastic round of applause for the recognition. I told them how they wouldn't corrode like regular needles. I put each one on a tiny Aida square with a ribbon tied thru the eye. I'm really glad I got them, too, because some of the jewelry tools are already turning brown! We were told that one lady was wearing her gold needle later that day! Another lady wanted another regular needle because she was afraid she would lose her gold one if she used it.
ReplyDelete