This post is for yesterday's activities.
Since most of the ladies in the church have responsibilities they need to take care of before they can attend, Donna has not been able to get started until around 1:00 p.m. The heat, smoke from the trash fires, and dust has been really bad this year, so we've not been able to stay more than 3-4 hours at a time.
The ladies chose to do cross-stitch for their activity yesterday. Donna had brought down well over a 100 kits. A friend of Nilda's, whose name is Marian, translated for Donna. She was a tremendous help in assisting Donna in instructing the ladies how to cross-stitch, as well as being able to help the ladies when they got stuck. It's amazing how God can provide solutions when there is a need!
| Even Pastor was getting involved. |
| Three doing cross-stitch, yes that's a young man doing cross-stitch. |
Pastor and I walked over to Philippe's house yesterday to see how they were coming in constructing the walls for his new casa. I also met Philippe's brother's wife, who has two ninos and is expecting a third. The walls are about 2-feet high, and I hope they will be finished by the time the rest of the team arrives on Friday. It's a challenge for the team to be able to complete the house in the short time we are here. Please pray that we will be able to complete the house before we leave.
| Notice that the side wall is actually being built right up next to the neighbor's existing wall. Pastor said this is not a problem. |
| Philippe is in the yellow striped shirt |
While we were at Philippe's house Pastor showed me his laptop, which we bought for him last year for his seminary studies. You could tell he is very pleased with the laptop. I showed him our blog and told him that the people at Macedonia Baptist Church, as well as friends and family, were following our daily activities. He was very pleased and appreciative of all his brothers and sisters in Christ from MBC.
When there are activities at the church there are always allot of kids of all ages hanging around. Donna had me to take some chalk and draw hopscotch squares. I then had to explain to them how to use the squares...fortunately there are no pictures showing me demonstrating how to hopscotch! But the kids got the hang of it and it entertained them for awhile.
| Hopscotch |
While I was talking with the ninas they started asking who all was coming this trip. It's amazing they can remember everyone's names! They asked if Mike was coming and I said yes. I then surprised them by calling Mike and letting one of the boys talk with him, the look on his face was priceless! They asked if Missy, Josh, Paul, Ethan and Logan were coming. I told them that Ethan and Logan were unable to come this year but the others were. I told them we had some new folks coming and they were anxious to meet them. They asked if Christy was coming to clean their teeth, but I said she wasn't able to come and she was sad she couldn't make it.
Donna and I had breakfast at the restaurant next to the hotel and now we're sitting in the remodeled lobby watching all of the activities outside. We're looking forward to a good day and showing God's love for our brothers and sisters (hermanos and hermanas) in Christ.
Will try and provide another update tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment